Saturday 28 January 2012

The Agfa Silette 1 Exposed

I have put my first role of film through the Agfa Silette 1. The film was Neopan 100 ACROS and I had it professionally developed by Fuji print. The exciting thing was the printing though. My friend has a dark room and gave me a tutorial on printing.

I had a pleasant evening picking through my contact prints and printing up some of the images on 5 x 7. The images themselves weren't really anything to shout about , they where really taken to see if the camera worked and more importantly, to see if I could work with the camera!

I was quite happy with the way the camera performed though and could well see myself exposing a few more rolls of film to see if I can get to grips with it. Now I have found a manual on-line, I can start working with the depth of field scales too as there is no focussing through the view finder.


The evening has also encouraged me to get a couple of rolls of 120 to put through my Yashica 124G TLR.